Delano, CA, October 05, 2014 – Mark your calendar! William Ritchey Insurance will host its 2nd CIG Insurance Community Safety Saturday, October 18th, from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM at William Ritchey Insurance, 617 Main Street in Delano, California. This free, not-to-be-missed, community safety event is fun for the whole family and will feature many valuable safety activities and demonstrations.
Community Safety Saturday!” remarks Bill Ritchey, President of William Ritchey Insurance Agency. “As we focus on family and community safety, awareness is the first step in prevention. An event like this puts people and safety resources together in a fun and safe environment.”
One of the most important features of Community Safety Saturday will be the complimentary child car-seat safety inspection station with trained child car seat inspection technicians sponsored by Safe Kids Central California. National studies reveal that 80 to 90 percent of children are not properly restrained when in a vehicle, and many local car-seat check points report that 95 percent of car seats are installed incorrectly. At Community Safety Saturday, experts will check for proper installation and give parents and caregivers critical information about installing car seats correctly for their child and particular vehicle.
The KlaasKids Foundation Print-A-Thon is another important and free service that will be offered at Community Safety Saturday. The Print-A-Thon provides digital photo IDs & fingerprinting for every child. Parents receive a free DNA collection kit, child-safety tips, and a 9-point plan on what to do if their child disappears. KlaasKids is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to stop crimes against children by providing education and knowledge to the general public, and by promoting partnerships with concerned citizens, the private sector, organizations, law enforcement, and legislators. Marc Klaas advises, “The best way to avoid victimization is through education and knowledge.”
Community Safety Saturday will also feature the following attractions with more organizations to be confirmed soon:
* Kern County Fire Department will bring a fire engine and safety trailer for tours.
* Delano Police Department will bring safety and crime prevention information.
* American Red Cross Central Valley Region will bring emergency preparedness information, a CPR mannequin and giveaways.
* First 5 Kern will bring free kits that include preschool-level books, safety-related giveaways and information for parents of children ranging from newborns to five years of age.
* City of Delano Public Works Department Water Division will bring information about “Water Conservation” mandatory activities taken by the City during “Drought Emergency” Fire Prevention.
* Kern County Department of Human Services will provide child safety and child abuse information.
* Boy Scouts of America–Southern Sierra Council will provide emergency survival and safety information and do knot tying demonstrations.
* Girl Scouts of Central California South will provide first aid kits, lunch bags, pens and safety information.
* 211 Staff will hand out Rip cards that provide information about 211.
* United Way of Kern County will bring information about their programs.
* Kern County Animal Services will share information about emergency preparedness for pets.
* Delano Chamber of Commerce will bring information about their organization and programs.
* Bakersfield Police Department and MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) will bring A Life Interrupted trailer and handouts about the dangers of drinking and driving.
* KlaasKids Foundation will conduct a Print-A-Thon that provides digital photo IDs & fingerprinting for every child.
* Mexican American Opportunity Foundation will bring information about childcare and pre-school services.
* Kern County Head Start/State Child Development Program will bring information about medical and dental community resources.
* FBI will bring safety information for families.
* Delano Ambulance will bring an ambulance for tours.
* La Preciosa Bakersfield Radio 105.3 is the media sponsor and will provide music and prizes.
In addition to educational activities and demonstrations, and fun games during “Community Safety Saturday,” there will be a drawing at the end of the event with prizes such as a Solar Safety Flashlight, a Bluetooth® headset, StoveTop FireStop devices, an emergency radio and an emergency roadside kit. The grand prizes will be a 32” flat screen TV and a Google Tablet. Free recyclable tote bags with safety coloring books, crayons and other giveaways will also be distributed while supplies last.
Jeff Batozech, Northern California Regional Field Executive, remarks, "We are very proud to partner with community safety-oriented public services and William Ritchey Insurance. CIG’s ‘Community Safety Saturday’ was born from our concern and commitment to keep children and families safe.”
For more information about the event, please go to www.CIGsafetysaturday.com or call (661) 725-2063.
About Capital Insurance Group:
Capital Insurance Group® (CIG) is the leading regional property and casualty insurer serving the Western U.S. since 1898. CIG insures Personal Auto, Homeowners, Farmowners, Condo Owners, Vacation Property, Renters, Apartment Building Owners, and many kinds of Commercial and Agricultural Auto and Property. The more than 115 year-old company is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best, the independent financial monitor of the insurance industry. CIG manages personal, business, and agriculture risks underwritten by its affiliate companies: California Capital Insurance Company, Eagle West Insurance Company, Nevada Capital Insurance Company, and Monterey Insurance Company. Types of policies may vary from state to state. For more information, please visit www.CIGinsurance.com
CIG DELIVERS MORE. Continuously. ™
About the KlaasKids Foundation
The KlaasKids Foundation was established by Marc Klaas in 1994 to give meaning to the death of his twelve-year-old daughter, kidnap and murder victim Polly Hannah Klaas, and to create a legacy in her name that would be protective of children for generations to come. The foundation’s mission is to stop crimes against children by providing education and knowledge to the general public and promoting partnerships with concerned citizens, the private sector, organizations, law enforcement and legislators. www.klaaskids.org
395 Del Monte Center #250
Monterey, CA 93940